<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 13, 2003

This journey is taking us somewhere and I'm excited.

I'll explain. The last two weeks have been so incredibly centering for me. I absolutely needed this time to think, rethink, ponder and whatnot (especially whatnot). Every day our (Melissa's and my) thoughts have turned different places as we consider where our future might take shape. A month ago God told us to wait and we've been waiting impatiently ever since. This next statement I make with only slight reservation (we're willing to go wherever...):

We're committing ourselves to plant simple churches in the Baltimore/Washington area that someday their might be a church within walking distance of every resident in the region.

This makes sense in so many ways...the only job prospects we have are here. The economy stinks, my degree isn't particularly helpful, and we as a family have a horrible habit of eating and using other consumable resources that cost money. In light of this, we're checking out our options here in MD. I am being promoted at my current job and have been told I could be promoted again. I'm working with an acquaintance from the coffee shop to get a second job in the short term which would help to pay our bills. We're currently looking for affordable housing in the Baltimore area...we need to move by August.

Things are happening and in that wonderful God way, I would never have guessed things would happen this way. We really desire to put down roots and build relationships. We long for simplicity and community.

IN OTHER NEWS:
My wife and child are visiting her parents in OH. This gives me time to catch up on household chores (so many light bulbs, so little time) and work on the paperwork for my promotion at work. It also gives me time to be a big lazy slob and eat meals at weird times in rooms that weren't meant for eating in. I also get to blog a bit more (maybe) and lament the fact that I don't have cable (Trading spaces is way better than anything on UPN...I get 2 different UPN stations, just fyi).

I guess that's all for now...give a shout out for UPN.

tim


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?