<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 23, 2003

Greg has me thinking about community and simple churches again. I think a key to sharing our lives is to allow empty spaces. Nouwen speaks about this in the book I'm reading (Turn my Mourning into Dancing). He talks about NYC and how every available space is filled...built high and wide. This is a reflection of our lives - full to the brim. Whether it's soccer or work or simply tv talk shows we are convinced that we must always be busy. It's a sign of success and importance. And it keeps us from dealing with our own garbage. Nouwen proposes that we need to create empty space, space that God can fill in our lives, so that His love, power, and stuff can flow through us...so that grace, hope, the kingdom of God can break through. I may just have to quote him later.

for what it's worth.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?