<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 01, 2003

Sure, I have a lot of profound things to say...but not today.

I'm sitting on a lot of graduation gift money (currently holding off on actually spending it...it may be needed for food or rent). Should I find myself in a position to indulge here is my dilemma....I want a new computer. I have this burning desire to be able to make short movies at home. The dilemma: PC or Mac? Macs look a bit more expensive and I'm not all that familiar with them for everyday tasks. But I LOVE imovie. They come ready to use with video editing software that is powerful and user friendly and firewire ports to boot. But would I tire of a mac for daily tasks like e-mail and word processing. Will I grow frustrated with AppleWorks and long for MS Office? I'm not sure. And then there is the power issue. I could get a sweet emac (the old school all in one CRT monitor/CPU) - 1 GHZ 512 Meg Ram Warranty and all with a few extras for $1600. OR I could get a sweetP4 2.6 GHZ 512 M Ram PC with 15" flat screen monitor for around the same price. But will I be satisfied with Windows Movie Maker? Or will I end up buying more software?

My wife has been sitting on her graduation cash for over a year now and is planning a lap top purchase. This makes a lot of sense as we can use this in our housing situation this fall (probably living in someone's basement) without the burden of a desktop. Also, she can use this as a teacher when she begins her career. Does it make any sense to have a PC laptop and a Mac Desktop? Anyone with cross platform experience out there? I love editing video on a mac. I like my daily routine on a PC. I don't want the added expense of putting windows on my mac. What to do. Of course, I don't plan on making such a purchase for months if not a year so there's no rush. But I welcome comments and thoughts...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?