<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 01, 2003

The event that shaped my yesterday -

A regular customer walked into Starbucks. I can't recall her name, but we've talked many times. A couple of months ago she shared how she was looking for part-time work because she and her husband were recently laid off. I spoke with her and she filled out an application for Starbucks...but ultimately decided to return to school. She walked in yesterday and I commented

"Haven't seen you for a while, huh?"
"Yeah, it's been a rough month."
"Oh (as I poured her coffee)?"
"Yes. We lost our son."
"Oh."
"He was 2 1/2...He, um, he died in his sleep."
"Oh God. I am so sorry."

we both left it at that, teary eyed. Kind of gives you perspective. I love my kids so much.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?