<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 26, 2003

I've been thinking a lot about how stressed out I've been. Recently Greg asked me what I do to unwind. I had no answer. Life's just been too crazy, I rationalized. But after thinking about it all a bit I realized some things. A lot has changed in the last two years. I've walked through an enormous pardigm shift, moved twice (soon 3 times) added a kid to the mix and worked 3 very different "jobs." In many ways I've been trying to figure out what to do to make a living and then applying that label to the rest of me. And it's not fitting. I'd be very happy and, I feel, successful continuing my job in retail coffee sales/mgt. It's a pretty great job in a lot of ways. But at the core of it all I am still an artist. There really isn't anything that is going to change my desire to create, enjoy, and perform - whether it's theater, music, movies - whatever...Since I stopped working at the church here I don't do any of that. And so I resolve to play my guitar more, to get a job that will pay the bills and then to blow all of my graduation money on a computer so I can make mini-movies of my kids, my socks, and the fungus that grows in the corner of many garages...all for the sake of creating something...even better, in some way, I hope that I might create something that points to the Creator. An offering of art or song that shows my love for the One.

That's all.

my new label: Tim, an artist who happens to sell coffee. That'll do. For now. :-)


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?