<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

discussion 

my wife really challenged me recently on my use of language. in many ways, I've relaxed my vocabulary and slipped into what I would call some bad habits. still, i kind of basked in it all with the pride that says, it's not bad, I'm just "real." and that's garbage. I'm not saying that Jesus would make a big deal out of his friends say damn it (which of course they probably did). But Jesus wouldn't have said that- and it brings Him no glory when I do. That was the point my wife made. and she's right.

I'll probably continue to occasionally say damn it - but I certainly won't be intentional about it...hopefully it will be when I've smashed my finger or wrecked my car (please no), not just because i'm "real." that's just B.S. :-)

as a side note I'm really feeling the pain of just being too busy for community- and it sucks. No wonder we like it when churches schedule it out for us. Unfortunately my work schedule is heavy on evenings lately - still I've got to make time to hang out with people in real ways.

one more thing - read Phil's Blog and then go give something away or cry or pray. Phil, you have a handle on materialism in America and it's pitfalls. May God grant me your wisdom.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?