<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 26, 2003

Christmas and Life 

Ahh, the holidays. I was fortunate to be off Christmas eve and Christmas Day(the latter being the one day a year that Starbucks is closed). It was really great. We did tons of fun things with the kids and taught them about giving and how that's a big part of Christmas. We had a birthday party for Jesus Christmas evening with a cake and balloons and homemade party hats. We had some pretty awesome chicken (my wife is an excellent cook) and a nice family Christmas dinner. It was the first Christmas we haven't been with either of our extended families. It was a very special time...really quality. My best Christmas yet...oh yeah, and we did presents and stuff too and everyone loved that...especially Leo.

In other news, my work place has been a zoo. The would-be manager and the current manager are no longer at our store as of Christmas eve. New mgt. will be in place in the next two weeks. Had a talk with my boss and found that it will be a challenge for me to get into management early this year....it's either a february or september deal and february is a long shot. I was discouraged, but not disheartened. I'm really more determined now. We'll see how it pans out...God has a way of providing...it should be interesting.

We've found ourselves asking why we are here in Atlanta. We have no plans or really desire to move...we're settling in and feeling at home. And we know this: God called us here. It was as evident if not more evident than any other "call" I've experienced. More and more I find myself questioning my own assumptions about why we are here....not in a negative way, just in a curious and excited way. There's something coming. Heck, maybe it's 10 years from now. In the mean time we're just trying to be more intentional in our living. Walking out the Kingdom in Roswell, GA.

Hope your holiday was a good one...drop me a line if you feel like it.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?