<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

My Boys 

I find in these crazy times (no promotion, no money, too many places to be, things to do) that my boys bring great clarity and hope to my life. Each night after reading a story and praying with Leo, I sit with him for just a minute or two. Tonight after a few minutes Leo spoke up (still VERY awake):
"I want to finish the prayer!" He said.
"Okay...Dear God..."
" Thank you for Mommy, and Cole," he continued deliberately "and Nannan, and Grandma Judy...And Great Grandma! and Mommy and Mimi, and Papa....and Daddy and Cole and, and, and...my BIG elmo, and baby (his teddy bear) and 'paci' and...and...Jesus name amen." With that he sighed and closed his eyes.

Ah, the simple thankfulness of a child. Maybe just a glimpse of what Jesus meant when he said let the little children come to me...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?