<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Like a Child 

I was sitting at the table. Across from me, a two and a three year-old were munching happily on green beans, dipping them in ketchup that was intended for something else.

I turned and looked at my 9 month old son, Cole, as he was shoveling pasta pick-ups into his mouth faster than the older kids. Slowly he raised his head and his eyes locked with mine. A grin spread across his face from ear to ear. He stared at me. In his deep blue eyes I saw innocence, wonder, enthusiasm. spirit. A land with no boundaries, overflowing with possibilities, with hope. My eyes clouded with tears. He laughed. I laughed too and responded to the plight of the two year-old in need of more ketchup.

***Lord, make me like a child. Hopeful. Spirited. Innocent....Brand new. Give me those eyes, lighten my load. I want to stare at You and laugh.***


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?