<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

back from NY 

I went to Syracuse for 2 intense days of interviewing and hanging out with the Spiritual Life Team at the Rescue Mission. It was a really great experience and I am (just to be honest) really hoping it works out. Now I have the difficult task of praying not my will, but Yours Lord.

While we were there we met up for a late night snack with John Elmer from the Vineyard - John was such an encouragement to me; a real blessing. We also connected with some other folks from the Vineyard (Nancy, Laurie, and Marylin). Great to see some familiar faces.

The city was just the same...maybe not just the same, but very close. When we drove through here and there (Melissa drove up to meet me there), something just felt "right." No other way to explain it...looking around at the surroundings it felt normal. And then comparing it to looking around here (Roswell, GA) made this feel foreign. Very strange. At the same time being there, without our kids, seeing people from 4 years ago, in places we were at four years ago felt very surreal...almost like walking into a page from your past. I don't say any of this for interpreting (knock yourself out if you want to though)...just observations of a dirty, old, central NY city.


Comments:
I'm praying with you, bud! -Will
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?