<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 31, 2005

'Tension' Headache 

Living in the tension

It seems much of life is about balance and living in the tension between opposite ideologies. And yet I think many of us, at least me, long to be on one side. There was a time when that's what blogging was for me...a place to yell "THIS IS WHAT I THINK..." to make bold statements, often in arrogance, proclaiming a viewpoint as if to convince myself as much as anyone else. So here I sit, an ideological blogger between ideologies. My church journey has left me almost where I started yet not at all the same.

I'm so cautious as to get caught up in it like a shoe string in a turbine at the mill. "it" being either ideology.

But here's the truth - not trying to convince anyone - life is best lived in the tension...

It's God's grace....and God's justice
It's being free from sin....and a slave to Jesus
It's God's kingdom that's both ALREADY here....and NOT YET

The Bible doesn't contradict - it rightly places itself in this tension. And yet we are so uncomfortable with that tension that we shirk it off - we have the Evangelical Conservatives preaching about life, life, life...and we have the Liberal Christians being much more active in issues of social justice and serving those that Jesus served. I can't condemn either on their strengths. Either could easily be condemned on their weaknesses. And yet imagine a world where we could have "one holy universal church" in which we balanced these tensions...


Comments:
relating to the tension...

and the ladd, now and not yet...
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?