<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 09, 2005

More of the same from Peterson 

"What other church is there besides institutional? There's nobody who doesn't have problems with the church, because there's sin in the church."

"There's no idealization of the church in the Bible—none. We've got two thousand years of history now. Why are we so dumb?"
Eugene Peterson in a recent CT interview

I'm starting to believe this- particularly the 1st question

"What other church is there besides institutional?"

I'm really starting to believe this.

For a time I thought it was merely woundedness or frustration with our 10 month layover in GA. But it's more than that. I'm different now. And I haven't forsaken my youthful hope and idealism. I just want to see it work within the institution. Because what else is there? really. I want to identify and do identify with a tribe of Christians - I am a Christian from the Tribe of Vineyard.

That statement has in it pluses and minuses. I do not agree with all things Vineyard. I don't even like some things where I attend. But I claim them as my church family and with family, it's a mixed bag. You take what's there and you love it - often "in spite of."

that's all for now...........thanks for reading.


Comments:
Hey man, good thoughts. We are definitely resonating with that right now. Actually, we're on our way out of here. Nashville is the destination, and Jesus, that's who were shootin for.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?