<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Fall is here 

Fall is here…the cool northeastern nights (mid 50’s and mid 60’s once the sun sets), changing leaves, and the arrival and departure of the GREAT NEW YORK STATE FAIR.  The NYS Fair takes place each year about 1.2 miles from my house.  We can hear the mainstage concerts in our back yard (Kenny Chesney, yea – cue sarcasm).  We take our boys during the special “ride all day” pass days, and for $15 per kid they can ride all the rides without tickets…We went opening day and had an amazing 11 hour day of fun, food, fun, food, and little rain…

 

BUT I digress.  Fall brings with it the packing up of the fair, the shipping off to school, the return to work for my wife (a teacher) and a fall season of ministry, friendship, and life.  Fall can be fun, but I’m still a bit in denial.  

 

I’ll  pretend it’s summer for a bit longer…our neighborhood bar-b-q never materialized….maybe there is still time.



Comments:
o, autumn is my favorite season...i suppose the summers are milder up there, but down here in maryland we live in the cheap swamp land the founding fathers bought for a captial city...ugh! hot and humid summers that weigh on me and my shaved head.

o how i long for autumn...maybe we'll have to make a trip up there just to escape...or you can send some of that great weather down our way!

peace
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?